The objectives of the course are to provide candidates with the highest research capabilities in the creation of new knowledge in the field of Business Administration. This is in line with the University's mission and strategic objectives, especially its goal "to continue to develop the University as a leading national institution and a major role model for research as a major contributor to nation-building, and the high priority given by the University to applied research across a broad spectrum of relevant fields and to encourage inter-disciplinary approaches to the resolution of real-world problems".
- Our Programmes
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Management Strategy
- Master of Business Administration (Entrepreneurship)
- Master of Business Administration (Natural Resources Management)
- Doctorate in Business Administration
- Admission requirements & procedures
- How to Apply
Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA)
Holders of this qualification are able to:
- Provide, through publication and/or presentation, an original contribution to Business Administration knowledge through research as judged by independent experts and peers applying international standards.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive, systematic and in-depth mastery of the area of Business Administration, focused on applied research aimed at solving contextual management challenges as well as drawing more on current management practice and the immediate problems of businesses while seeking to make an original contribution to the body of knowledge.
Applicants must be in possession of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree or any other relevant Level 9 qualification on the National Qualification Framework (NQF). Applicants MUST submit, together with their application, a Statement of Intent (3 000 words) outlining their research interest and agenda. Applications without this Statement, CANNOT be considered. It is important to note that admission is conditional on availability of a relevant and interested supervisor.
The Doctor of Business Administration will be delivered on a block-release basis augmented through e-learning. The programme cannot be completed in less then three (3) years.
The assessment for this programme will be in accordance with Regulation 9.9 of the University and the key criteria will be whether or not the candidate has made an original contribution to the body of knowledge in the field of Business Administration.
NQF Level: 10
|Year 1 - First Semester|
|Academic Writing for Post-Graduate Studies||UAE 6819||16|
|Advanced Business Ethics||CBBI 6001||8|
|Research Methods - A||CBRM 6011||16|
|Quantitative Methods - A||CBQM 6011||16|
|Year 1 - Second Semester|
|Research Methods - B||CBRM 6012||16|
|Quantitative Methods - B||CBQM 6012||16|
|Research Seminars||CBRS 6010||48|
* NQF Level 8; Non-Contributory
Tuition plus course material: N$135.00 for the 3 year programme (N$45.00 per annum) Including Supervisors Fee and Professional Development Seminars (Excluding course materials and textbooks)