The purpose of this qualification is to provide students with a capacity to work independently and competently as managers, entrepreneurs and leaders in a variety of settings that are critical to national and global socio-economic development. This is in line with the strategic objective of the University to "cultivate standards of excellence in teaching, research, and all the prescribed functions of UNAM, through encouraging constructive criticism, constant self-improvement, self-evaluation, and peer assessment".
- Our Programmes
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Management Strategy
- Master of Business Administration (Entrepreneurship)
- Master of Business Administration (Natural Resources Management)
- Doctorate in Business Administration
- Admission requirements & procedures
- How to Apply
Master of Business Administration - Finance
- A candidate must have a good relevant Level 8 Bachelor's degree from the University of Namibia.
- Alternatively a candidate may present a relevant Post-Graduate Diploma OR an Honours degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- A candidate with a degree which is however not a good relevant Level 8 qualification will be admitted to the School’s Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Administration as preparation for the MBA.
- The level and nature of working experience will be criteria for selection, especially in the face of scarcity of places and in terms of creating a conducive learning environment drawing on real work cases.
- A prospective student maybe interviewed and assessed by the Business School before recommending his/her application to the relevant UNAM structures.
This qualification serves as an entry point to the following related qualifications:
Doctorate in Business Administration of the University of Namibia and other recognized Universities.
This qualification provides credits for the following related qualifications:
Master programmes in Business Administration/Management Sciences of the University of Namibia and other recognized Universities.
The Master of Business Administration (Finance) will be delivered full-time on a block-release basis augmented through e-learning.
The minimum duration of the programme is eighteen (18) months.
The examination mark and the continuous assessment mark constitute 60% and 40% of the final mark respectively.
Candidates are expected to:
- Obtain a minimum of 50% in both the CA mark and the examination mark.
- Demonstrate a mastery of theoretically sophisticated subject matter in the field of Business Administration.
- Evaluate critically the findings and discussions in the Business Administration literature.
- Research, analyse, and argue from evidence within the field of Business Administration.
- Apply Business Administration knowledge to new situations.
- Engage in rigorous intellectual analysis, criticism and problem-solving.
The Masters in Business Administration cannot be obtained in less than eighteen (18) months of full-time study and the degree programme must be completed within three (3) years of registration. Graduation for the MBA degree requires the successful completion of 240 credits at Level 9, including the research-based Business Project which will be worth 84 credits.
Upon completion as student will be able to pursue a variety of career options in senior management, entrepreneurial settings and business leadership.
Regular programme reviews with the input from industry and employers, internal and external moderation of examinations, regular student and lecturer evaluation of each other as well as of the programme.
NQF Level: 9
|Advanced Writing for Post-Graduate Studies||UAE 5819||16*|
|Advanced Business Ethics||CBBI 5999||12|
|Business Research Methods||CBRM 5900||24|
|Advanced Business Quantitative Methods||CBBQ 5999||12|
|Economics: Global & Firm level Perspectives||CBBE 5999||12|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||CBFR 5999||12|
|Corporate Finance||CBCF 5999||12|
|African Financial Markets in the Global Economy||CBAF 5999||12|
|Equity Investments||CBEI 5999||12|
|Fixed Income||CBXI 5999||12|
|Alternative Investments||CBAI 5999||12|
|Portfolio Management & Wealth Planning||CBPW 5999||12|
|Business Project in Finance||CBPF 5909||84|
* Compulsory, but Non-Contributory
Tuition Fee: N$66,500 (Course Material are made available in electronic format only on the School’s intranet)